Here are my tips in keeping your skin acne free while on travel.:
1. Use a moisturizer with sunblock. The sun and wind will dry your skin so using a moisturizer to keep your skin well hydrated is necessary. Hit two birds with one stone by using a moisturizer with SPF 30 to prevent premature formation of wrinkles.
2. Chug a lot of water. This not just clears your system of toxins it also ensures that you will not get dehydrated.
3. Minimal make-up. An oily and sweaty skin plus caked make up is definitely not a good combination. This will just clog your pores and give you pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. I choose too just put moisturizer on my face and lip balm with SPF when I'm traveling. It is low maintenance.
4. Blot the oil off your face. You can use a blotting film to do this or else just use regular tissue then pat it on your face. There is no need to use powder to keep it shine free.
5. Bring your Proactiv 15-Day Maintenance Kit with you. This includes 1 ounce bottles (approved for airport security) with a complete 3-Step System: Renewing Cleanser, Revitalizing Toner, and Repairing Treatment. It is compact and easy to carry. The maintenance kit now comes with a free snap-close pouch (3.75x4.25x1.25 inches) and refining mask. This is the perfect companion when you are traveling. Now you can still stick with your acne-treatment regimen without lugging big bottles along. Now, you can still carry on with your twice a day regimen.
The Proactiv 15-Day Maintenance Kit is available for Php 1,650 only at selected Watsons and SM department stores nationwide.
Proactiv works by intervening in the process of acne-formation therefore resulting to the treatment of your existing blemishes, and at the same time giving you the protection of preventing future pimples from ever appearing again. From the moment you are born, your skin begins a lifelong process of shedding dead cells and producing oil. This process can be disrupted by your hormone balance, which throughout your life. The acne cycle is initiated when excess oil and dead skin cells combine to plug the pore of a hair follicle; behind the plugged pore, bacteria grow and multiply, triggering inflammation and swelling. That’s an acne blemish. Proactiv intervenes in this process by: 1. Killing the acne-causing bacteria 2. Reducing swelling and redness of existing pimples 3. Preventing pores from being clogged 4. Removing dead skin cells thru mild exfoliation 5. Removing excess oils