I've always found Melanie Marquez witty and funny. I'm a great fan of her Melanie-isms.
Here are some of her quotable quotes circulating in the internet.
- My brother is not a girl; he’s a gentleman.
- That’s why I’m a success, it’s because I don’t middle in other people’s lives.
- Don’t judge my brother; he’s not a book.
- I won’t stoop down to my level.
- Hello? Bulag ka ba? Bingi ka ba? Are you dep?
- ‘Yung STD, baka sa maruming toilet lang niya nakuha yan.
- Eh, ikaw ba naman, durugin ang ari mo…Pag di ka naman manutok ng baril.
- We are lovers, not fighters.
- Kapatid ko pa rin siya. We are one and the same.
- I don’t eat meat. I’m not a carnival.
- Sumasakit ang migraine ko.
- Ang tatay ko ang only living legend na buhay!
- I keep my crown in the voltage.
- Can you repeat that for the second time around once more from the top?
- I couldn’t care a damn!
- What’s your next class before this?
- Hello, my brother Joey is out of town, would you like to wait?
- Don’t touch me not!
- You! you’re not a boy anymore! You’re a man anymore!
- Bakit ang dami mong tanong? You’re so questionable.
- You can fool me once, you can fool me twice, you can fool me thrice. But you can never fool me FOUR!
- Hindi ba kayo naawa sa kapatid ko…sa mga kwento nya? Di ba kayo na-PERSUAVE ng mga kwento niya? Hindi si Joey ang tipong mambubugbog ng babae…talaga lang malapit siya sa mga gulo…PRO-ACCIDENT kasi siya eh.
- Boy Abunda: O Melanie, paano na ang showbiz career mo ngayong magmo-Mormon ka na?Melanie: Ah okay lang ‘yon Boy, kasi matagal na rin akong SEMI-RETARDED.
- They should talk behind the scene…
- (answering the phone) Hello. Wait a moment. Please hang yourself.
- (before Christmas) Well, I want to spend my holidays with my family most probably out of place.
- Why I will give my calling card, I’m not a call girl. (Her reply to a certain duke when the latter is asking for her calling card.)
- Eto na po ang pinakamaligayang pasko at manigong taon sa inyong lahat. (During her acceptance speech at a Metro Filmfest awards night where her bioflick, directed by her late father Temyong Marquez, won an award.)
- Period na talaga; wala nang exclamation point. (When asked on S-Files if her present husband, Adam Lawyer, is her Mr. Right)
- And the base of my observation is… (showbiz stripped May 14 GMA Ch. 7)
- At a talk show after her break-up with Derek Dee, Melanie was asked if she had some words for Derek’s mother (whom she partly blamed for the separation). “Oo nga,” said Melanie,“pero i-English-in ko para maintindihan niya.” She looked into the camera and, with the peremptoriness of royalty, said, “And to you, Mrs. Dee, I have two words for you. Ang labo mo!“
- (When asked for a message to her daughter who was allegedly abused by their houseboy) Don’t worry little angel, big angel is here.
- (On what they should do to the houseboy who molested her daughter) He should be put behind bar.
- (While waiting backstage during a noontime show after watching Nikki Valdez do her dance number) Nikki, you’re so galing. You should go to the States. You will sell hotcakes!
- (While she’s in Morning Girls With Kris & Korina promoting her movie with Aleck Bovick) Please watch HIRAM starring Aleck Baldwin (referring to Aleck Bovick) and myself. It’s DIRECTOR by Romy Suzara.
- (After giving birth, and an interview on The Buzz) My answers have been prayered!
- (To ex-flame Senator Lito Lapid) Hello…Huwag kang tumahol sa sarili mong bakuran noh!(In response to being misunderstood) You know, huwag kang tumahol like dogs.
- Ate Ludz: "Paano ka nag-susurvive sa mga trials mo?" "alam mo Ate Ludz, you know, when you are alone, you really have to istep your foot...ah, forward!"
- Eddie Mercado: Angie Dickson has insured her legs for a million dollars, would you also do the same?" Melanie:"No, of course no, because I am proud and contented with my long-legged."
- "A man’s success is a woman’s behind.”
- “My husband was born on a silver spoon”
- “It’s not my problem anymore. It’s their problem anymore.”
- Melanie Marquez was accosted by a certain guy from a certain TV network. He shouted, “Hey *****,” upon which Melanie turned around and retorted, “Don’t you ever, ever call me…hey!”
- “My answers have been prayered.” (After giving birth, and an interview on The Buzz )
- “Hello…Huwag kang tumahol sa sarili mong bakuran noh! You know, huwag kang tumahol like dogs.” (On ex-flame Lito Lapid, in response to being misunderstood )
Hope this made you laugh or at least smile,
Many thanks to :