xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'b:version='2' class='v2' expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr' xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml'> 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know By The Time She's 30 - My Verbal Diarrhea
expr:class='"loading " + data:blog.mobileClass'>

30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know By The Time She's 30


While pinning earlier, I came across 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know By The Time She's 30. It's a list written by Pamela Redmond Satran which was published in Glamour magazine. 
I'm still a long way off 30 but I am slowly going to that direction, no matter how I try to deny it. I would like to give my take on this article and read this when I am 30. Wait for my review then.
This is what the article says:
By 30, you should have ...
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
      Yes there is an old bf that I can imagine going back to but how far have I   come really? I have no real achievements to be proud of.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
   No furniture bought yet so far.  No money to buy one either.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
     I've become too fat to wear my little black dress. This just reminds me to hunt a new LBD asap.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
     I got a knock-off purse, so I guess that doesn't count. Suitcases are not my kind of thing. I prefer backpacks. My umbrella is lighthearted and bubbly. I got it cheap and I'm not ashamed to carry it around.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
  This I have to fulfill yet. Before I'm 30 I should get too drunk that I will puke and sleep on the street. I should experience bar hopping and an overnight camp out with friends. Go backpacking and live to tell my adventure.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
  Someone is painting my present(which will be my future past) in colorful hues these days, therefore, juicy is not a problem.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
   Yes I do realize that I might get old and penniless. And no, I don't have money set aside yet but like everyone else I have plans.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account -- all of which nobody has access to but you.
     I have email addresses which nobody knows the passwords and a bank account all to myself. What's a voice mailbox? It's in my phone but I never found the need to use it.
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
  Resume's should be one page only. There is no need to pad mine. I just use a bigger font size.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
    I found two supercalifragilisticexpealidicious friends who can make me laugh and cry at the same time. I am so lucky!
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
     What will I do with a screwdriver and a cordless drill? That's what boy friends are for. And the black lace bra? For private viewing only and it doesn't look nice under a white uniform.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
     I can be ridiculous but no way will I buy something expensive when there are cheap alternatives elsewhere. 
13. The belief that you deserve it.
         Me gusta!
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
      Yes to skin regimen. I devised one this summer. I need an exercise routine though and the lack of it is showing in my mid section already. I'll just plan things as I go along. 
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
    No solid starts yet as of the moment. I'm in a limbo. So far, everything is all messed up. Let's just pray that the unicorns will come and play with me soon.

By 30, you should know ...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
But isn't losing yourself part of the thrill of falling in love?
2. How you feel about having kids.
I have a kid and I know how it feels. I just need to go under the knife and have some random doctor knot off my fallopian tubes to avoid getting another one.Kids are not meant to be collected. I'm no Angelina Jolie.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
Quiting a job is easy. Breaking up with a man is easier but confronting a friend without ruining the friendship can only be done with people who are openminded and lighthearted.Never ever do this with backstabbers!
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
Experience is the greatest teacher. Sometimes, even if you try hard, you still need to walk away.Some things are just not worth the energy and heartache.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
Simple. Do not kiss a guy if you don;t want things to happen. It's not complicated.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
Check.Check.Check. I just hope that memoriaing the past presidents will help me win the one million question in Who Wants To Be A Millionare?
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
This is a tough decision.
8. Where to go -- be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat -- when your soul needs soothing.
Best friend is the best choice. I don't do yoga.
9. That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
There is a surgical procedure in China where they intentionally break your legs to promote new growth of bones thus lengthening your legs in the process.It is an expensive and very painful process though that needs one year to complete the process and rehabilitation. I have no problem with my hips. My parents? 
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
And that you can always create better and greater childhood memories for your kids.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
It all depends upon the circumstances.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
Your health will come back to haunt you.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
You can only trust yourself. You can't trust people who talk to you about other people. They will talk about you behind your back. If a person refuses to chose sides, they will be first one to desert you just to save their ass. 
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
Cheers!
15. Why they say life begins at 30
Tell me about this when I am 30 because I personally believe that life begins everyday.
Each of us has a different life story. This is what makes us unique and interesting. Our experiences shape us and mold us into better persons.
At times, you may feel like giving up, but then I wonder how my story will end. I would like to witness that without me messing up with fate.
Everything in life is uncertain. Keep your faith and be strong. Smile. Be grateful and thankful.
Breathe. Read a book.

CONVERSATION

0 komentářů:

Back
to top